The Egyptian Chefs Association (ECA), established as a non-profit organization in 1997, aims to improve the quality and standards of members of the culinary profession by encouraging the exchange of culinary knowledge on a national and international level in order to enhance the image and standards of the profession.
As a non-political organization, the ECA is an authority and opinion leader on food representing a national voice on all issues related to the culinary profession.
ECA Membership Benefits
- ECA Membership Card, Certificate and Pin.
- Automatic membership in the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) with a network of more than 10 million chefs worldwide located in 93 different WACS member countries.
- Recognition of ECA membership in Chef’s Corner publication.
- Free copy of the Chef’s Corner publication every three months.
- Announcements of your promotions, career achievements and personal news in ECA Chef’s Corner publication.
- Networking opportunity among members of the culinary profession.
- Automatic notification of all ECA activities.
- Reduced member registration fees on all ECA workshops and competitions.
- Reduced member prices on all ECA merchandise and training materials.
- 5% discount on book purchases at the ECA Bookstore.
- Free online recruitment service through ECA website.
Individual Membership Categories
Senior Chef Member
|A minimum of 5 years work experience at one of the following positions: Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef, Kitchen Co-ordinator, Kitchen Director, Executive Pastry Chef, Baker Chef in Charge or Butcher Chef in Charge.|
|A minimum of one year work experience at the level of Demi Chef de Partie up to Junior Sous Chef.|
Junior Chef Member
|All other kitchen positions and students (no minimum work experience required).|
|Non-chefs and individuals with professional interest in the food industry.|
P.S.: An initial membership fee of LE 50 applies to all categories, to be paid only once upon signing up in the first year of your membership.
International member rates: Senior Chef member US $ 60, Chef Member US $ 40, Junior Chef Member US $ 30 and Associated member US $ 75. Initial fee US $ 10.