Culinary Training Centers Egypt
The Culinary Arts Training Program is a high quality chef’s training program that meets the international standards of professional cookery and provides international recognition and certification. The program enables chef trainees to meet professional challenges with a systematic approach to quality and quantity of food production, as practiced today in hotels, fine dining establishments, institutional catering facilities and other food service operations.
The program is financially funded by the Ministry of Tourism and managed by the Egyptian Tourism Federation (ETF) with the technical assistance of City and Guilds (C&G), the Egyptian Chefs Association (ECA) and the Technical Vocational and Education Training (TVET) project in Egypt, which is funded by the European Union (EU).
Students will be certified by an international accreditation certification from The City & Guilds of London Institute as the UK’s leading vocational education organization. With over 130 years of experience, City & Guilds is pioneering a talent revolution, working in partnership with over 8,500 centers and training providers in 81 countries; they offer more than 500 qualifications across 28 industries and currently award around 2 million certificates every year. The City & Guilds Centre for Skills Development works with researchers, practitioners, employers and learners to improve the policy and practice of vocational education and training worldwide.
The program enables chef trainees to:
- Increase the professional standards of culinary arts and food preparation in Egypt, by providing the hospitality and catering industry with the needed qualified chefs.
- Enhance the image and reputation of the chef’s profession in Egypt through education and international certification. This will promote and encourage the new generation to work in the food production industry and create opportunities for starting a new career in the kitchen.
- Support the Egyptian Government’s aim to have qualified and certified Egyptians trained in accordance with international standards.
- Support the graduates in recruitment, to be employed in the hospitality and catering industry.
The Culinary Arts Training Program will be conducted by Egyptian chefs, trained, certified and accredited as Professional Hospitality Trainers/Assessors by the Egyptian Tourism Federation and City & Guilds, in accordance with international standards and certifications.
The Culinary Arts Training Program takes place at the newly established Culinary Training Centers located at Akhbar Al Youm Academy in 6th of October City and at Faculty of Hotels and Tourism, South Valley University, Luxor governorate. The training kitchens at the two centers are equipped with state-of-the-art modern kitchen equipment, one hundred percent funded by the Ministry of Tourism.
Study System and Time Frame
The Culinary Arts Training Program consists of 20 study units, 30% theoretical and 70% practical. The training will be conducted in Arabic to ensure full comprehension of the subject; however, the student manuals will be presented bilingual, English and Arabic, to improve English language skills, both in general English and in culinary terminology that is directly related to the student’s profession. Different types of study are divided into:
- Full-time study for 6 months: 690 hours, 24 weeks, 5 days per week from Sunday to Thursday, 6 hours per day morning or afternoon.
- Part-time study, for one year (13 months): on weekly basis, 2 days per week morning or afternoon.
For individuals, if you don’t have time to study for at least 6 months, Egyptian Chef Association (ECA) provides intensive training workshops with professional culinary trainers. Check current training schedule
For Corporates, if you would like to train your staff within a short-time frame, Egyptian Chef Association (ECA) provides Training on Premises. Check available topics
- Introduction to the hospitality and catering industry
- Safety at work
- Introduction to nutrition
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by frying
- Prepare, cook and finish food by braising and stewing
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by boiling, poaching and steaming
- Prepare, cook and finish food by baking, roasting and grilling
- Prepare food for cold presentation
- Introduction to Basic Kitchen Procedures
- Food safety in catering
- Healthier foods and Special Diets
- Prepare, cook and finish stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish fish and shellfish dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish meat and poultry
- Prepare, cook and finish vegetables, fruit and pulses
- Prepare, cook and finish rice, grains, farinaceous products and egg dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish bakery products
- Prepare, cook and finish hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Catering operations, cost and menu planning
- Principles of plate presentation
Upon completion of the final examination, theoretical and practical, graduating students will obtain an international accreditation certification from City & Guilds (UK).
CTCE Contact Details:
3rd Floor – Akhbar Al Yom Academy – 4th industrial zone – 6 of October
Telephone: 02 3912 4938 – 02 3912 4923 – 010 0019 1373 – 010 08993 4411
Website: www.etf.org.eg or www.facebook.com/Culinary.Center